A list of Free Tamil fontsdownload websites. These will help you to read and write Tamil in various encodings like Unicode, Bamini etc., in Microsoft Windows, Linux, MS Word and Adobe products :
1. Technology development for Indian Languages (TDIL) is a Government of India initiative under Indian Language Data center (ILDC). ILDC provides Open type and True Type Tamil fonts for download from Centre for Development of Advanced computing (C-DAC), Chennai Kavigal, Cadgraf Digitals Pvt. Ltd., Modular Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Pune.
2. Tamil Wikipedia Font Help page gives detailed instructions on how to install Tamil fonts across all operating systems.
Continue reading “Tamil Fonts Download”
Download free Tamil ebooks, PDF on Tamil literature, magazines from Tamilnadu and SriLanka. Includes Project Madurai, Project Noolaham and Thamizham web.
Free websites to download Tamil Ebooks :
1. Noolaham Project aims to collect Tamil books and magazines from Eelam. This is a collaborative non-profit effort spearheaded by Tamil loving youth in SriLanka. It has 3000+ Tamil ebooks for download now and is actively growing. Most are scanned versions of the printed books as pdf files. You can also find text and audio versions for some books.
2. Project Madurai is online since 1998 and aims to digitise ancient Tamil literature. It has 400+ works online in PDF, TSCII and Unicode formats.
Continue reading “Free Tamil Ebooks Download”
Popular Tamil magazines websites:
1. Vikatan – Pay site. Provides access to all magazines from Vikatan like Ananda Vikatan, Junior Vikatan, Motor Vikatan, Pasuai Vikatan, Nanayam Vikatan, Aval Vikatan, Sakthi Vikatan, Chutti Vikatan and Sakthi Vikatan.
2. Kumudam – Pay site. Provides access to all magazines from Kumudam group like Kumudam, Reporter, Snegidhi, Bakthi, Theeranadhi and Health.
Continue reading “Tamil Magazines Websites”
List of pure tamil names websites for babies :
1. http://peyar.in – A Beta release site in which my friends and i are collaborating to produce a web 2.0+ site for tamil baby names.